Today I look at 2 (or 3 depending on how you count them) UPS systems from Tripp Lite and Eaton. These UPS devices couldn’t be any different but they are awesome nonetheless. Each has it’s own unique capabilities and features. Which on will you choose when looking for your next UPS? Join me as we walk through and review these type UPS systems and rack them in my new rack!
Huge THANK YOU to Eaton / Tripp Lite for sending these UPS systems. If you’re looking for a new UPS for home or work, you should totally check them out!
- Tripp Lite 1500VA Smart UPS Back Up - https://amzn.to/3gEwbGG
- Tripp Lite 2200VA 1920W UPS Smart 2U Rackmount - https://amzn.to/3XrnC2q
- Tripp Lite BP36V15-2U Smart UPS 36V 2U Rackmount External Battery Pack - https://amzn.to/3XxwBzd
- Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD 1500VA Smart UPS Battery Back Up - https://amzn.to/3VnIWny
- Eaton 5P550R 5P 550 Rackmount - https://amzn.to/3UaLwwa
- Eaton 5P Rackmount Compact 1500VA UPS - https://amzn.to/3OEJVhd
- Eaton 5P1500R - https://amzn.to/3OC2D90
- Eaton 5S1500LCD UPS - https://amzn.to/3GHXaf8
Be sure to check out (and star) David’s repo with an automated NUT server install!
00:00 - What should I protect with my UPS?
02:16 - Tripp Lite SmartPro UPS Review and Specs
03:24 - Tripp Lite 36v Battery Pack Review and Specs
04:29 - Tripp Lite SmartPro UPS Configuration
05:23 - Eaton 5P 1550 UPS Review and Specs
07:43 - Eaton 5P 1550 UPS Configuration
08:47 - Rack mounting the UPSes
10:53 - My Thoughts and Monitoring and Alerting Solutions
13:01 - Stream Highlight - “Testing in Production”
⚙️ See all the hardware I recommend at https://l.technotim.live/gear
🚀 Don’t forget to check out the 🚀Launchpad repo with all of the quick start source files